With the ever increasing interest in the epic ride formerly know as ILLmanzo, now Ament100, we've decided to team up with our pals over at Axletree to help with some of the legal issues that may arise. With that PLEASE PRINT AND SIGN this Waiver. We will have a few in the Apple Fort parking lot. We also ask that you ride like respectful citizens. Not riding 10 wide in a pack, obey street signs, and give at least a smile to those you pass along the route.
Again, this 100% self supported. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. There won't be some magical Rapha truck with coffee and snacks waiting for you at the top of a hill. After mile 38, there is NOTHING. Cell phones don't really work out there, so ride SAFE & SMART. These is ZERO sag. If you are hurting, tough shit, figure it out! So here is the Ride with GPS link and a couple of notes:
- You can cut a gnarly decent and 5 miles out at mile 22 (recommended if new to this area)
- The only food stop is in Hanover, mile 28
- You SHOULD top off your water at the campsite around mile 38.7 (Blanding Landing)
- There are killer climbs right after both of those stops, so maybe hold off eating until you get to the top.
- The course is probably 50/50 gravel to pavement. DO NOT RIDE A ROAD BIKE. I have seen people break collar bones on the gravel out there riding skinnies.
- There are no bathrooms at the start. So go before you get to town.
- That town is a SPEED TRAP! Dial it back when you get close.
We will start in the town of Elizabeth Il. It's super small, so parking is limited. Please look at the parking map below and CARPOOL as much as possible.
102 N Main St, Elizabeth, IL 61028 if you need an address to get you there. Stay Rad will be taking waivers in the parking lot kitty corner. Once we get your wavier, feel free to roll out.
Finally, I'll leave with some words my father left me with,
"The only person you can count on, is yourself."